EPF Withdrawal Process
- As per latest EPF withdrawal rules, you do not need attestation of your employer for partial or full withdrawal of your PF corpus. You can request for online PF withdrawal using EPFO member portal or the UAN portal using Composite Claims Form.
- Before you apply for an online withdrawal, make sure your UAN number is active and your mobile number linked to your UAN account is in working condition. You also need to ensure that your UAN is seeded with your Aadhaar card details.
EPF Withdrawal Form
Earlier, Form 31, Form 19, and Form 10C were used for online PF withdrawal. Recently, all these three forms have been replaced by a Single Page Composite Claim Form. You can self-attest this form for processing.
Things to know about withdrawing your EPF post-retirement
- For a smoother withdrawal process, make sure that all your PF accounts are merged into one, so that all EPF balances get added for calculation. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has launched a ‘composite form’ that can be used for withdrawal, transfers, advances, and others. You can merge these online.
- Transfer from the previous employer to the present one should be processed without fail, to make the withdrawals easy. Also, once you change your job, you have to submit Composite Declaration Form (F-11) to the new employer along with the basic details, Universal Account Number (UAN). and previous PF number.
- The present employer enters the information in the employer’s portal. If UAN is linked to Aadhaar and the bank details, the auto-transfer takes place once the previous employer verifies. Actual transfer is processed once the first contribution by the present employer takes place. For offline transfer process, Form 13 will be required.
- Interest earned on EPF balance after retirement is taxable.
EPF Withdrawal Rules:
If you’re looking to withdraw your EPF, here are certain rules you need to remember:
Withdraw EPF balance and full pension after 58 years of age
After the age of 58, you can withdraw full EPF amount as well as pension. You need to fill and submit Form 10D to claim your full pension.
Withdrawal of pension between ages 50-58, with at least 10 years of service
Even if you have completed 10 years of service, the EPS amount cannot be withdrawn before the age of 58. However, you can claim a reduced pension if you are between the ages 50-58. For this, you need Form 10D and the Composite Claim Form.
Withdrawal of EPF And EPS if the service tenure is less than 10 years
Both the EPF balance and the EPS amount will be paid to you if your service period is less than 10 years. To avail this, you need to check the option for ‘pension withdrawal’ in the Composite Claim Form. Whether it is full or partial EPF and EPS withdrawal, you can easily do it online through the UAN portal.
You can withdraw without an Aadhaar Card by filling out the “Composite Claim” form if you have the UAN. You need to furnish your PAN card if the total period of service has been less than 5 years, along with two copies of Form 15G/H. You can mention only the PF number in the absence of a UAN.
Planning Team- Advisory
Please note this information is as on February 2020 and is subject to change.